Wednesday, January 1, 2020

I had an amazing dream

I had an amazing dream. 
I went drinking with Kiyoshi Nagatomo. 
And we talked and talked. 

Most likely we talked about 
Driven, 
About the 4 steps 
About the 4 stages to see the cup 


"Taku, you're incredible〜" he complimented me in the way he always did. 
Anyway, we talked forever. 

And then, 
we decided "let's go to sushi." 
We moved to the sushi store saying, "We're still gonna eat〜"
and while going, he talked about sushi trivia. 

"Go in first" he said. 
"No, no, you do"...I said. 
"Go in first"....he wouldn't listen. 

So I went in first, but he didn't come in for a while, so I tried to call him. 
That's when I realized, "He's not in this world." 

That was my dream. 

I told my wife and she said "You were able to hold memorial for him"
"because this is Mt. Takao" she added. 
"Oh, I get it...." It was strangely convincing to me. 



I met him when I was 22. 
I thought, "There's someone so awesome and cool doing this work." 

I told him I want to work with him. 
And Nagatomo-san was the one surprised. 
His reaction when we met for the first time was ・・・
that "you are smaller than the Takumi Yamazaki I see in the video." 


After that・・・
We spoke and discussed all the things we learned and realized. 

We opened many unknown doors together. 
We went to Bali island countless times・・・
Laughed together, cried together, and conversed together. 


The Solo exhibition in New York (1999) was so interesting too 〜
At the time I was really into "Bakushu Powerful Professional Baseball" and while missing sleep over it,  immersed in preparing for the exhibition. 


We wrote a book together too. 
A book that defines words・・・
What is a "friend"? 
What is to "challenge"? 
What is the "sky?" 




It was a compilation of all the things we had talked about together until then. 
Halfway through, we stuffed the roots too much that I actually vomited (lol) 
It's a book we both gave our heart and soul too and made ourselves dizzy writing. 



So many people were deeply moved and affected by Kiyoshi Nagatomo's presence. That's why he is still in everyones heart. 



The good memories and meaningful words he left with us・・・
still live in and continue to grow in all of our hearts. 


His unique presence, his kindness, his unwavering personality and coolness ・・・
He was mischievous, cynical, and yet was a man who embraced it all・・・

He  also visited Matsui-kun. 
and apparently told him that "I found out how to come and go between worlds."
That sounds like him・・・


It was surely an amazing dream〜


 I feel like my heart is lighter from deep down. 


Thank you, Nagatomo-san. 
And please stay in touch!!!