Saturday, June 4, 2022

It's been awhile since going overseas @ Iceland

 7 hours transit at London Heathrow Airport.


From Haneda to London, I slept, ate...

I watched 3 movies, I think.

It's been a long time since I've traveled abroad.

JAL's first class aircraft was old, so I wasn't really excited, 

but I did feel like I was on a trip.

 

It has been more than a year since I stopped drinking alcohol.

I thought the champagne (it was sarong) looked good, so I tried it.

I tried to drink it, but it made me sleepy.

It had been a while since I remembered what it felt like to drink (lol) 


I had a lot of work to do, and I made lots of progress, but 

there is still a lot left to do.

 

I read about 70% of the book I read on the way here.

The book is about how emotions hack your brain so quickly.

I borrowed this book from Mayumi who lives nearby.


The highlights she left behind added to the pleasure of reading.

 

What struck me was her description of the luxury of life-- to treat, experience, and savor various emotions equally, even though she divides them into good and bad emotions herself.

 

There is a chart of emotions, and when you mix this emotion with this emotion, you get this emotion, but I don't get it. I thought that maybe I haven't dug deep enough into my emotions yet. This is a point to dig deeper. It is worth studying.

 

At this rate, I would arrive in Iceland and check into my hotel just around midnight. 

 They said they have Wi-Fi on the plane, so I guess I can enjoy the three-hour flight. I may fall asleep.

 

For some reason, I'm curious about Shinji Tanimura's "Forget It."

It's a duet song that he and a woman sang together, and it's a very nice song that touches my heart wonderfully. I want to sing it with my singing teacher, Secchan, next time〜〜〜


I arrived at the hotel just before one in the morning ...

From there I unpacked and went to sleep.


Even at one o'clock at night, it is this bright.

So this is what a midnight sun means.





Even Non-alcoholic beer makes your eyes go round and round too. (lol)

 

I've been listening to Bjork since this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqbv7cCM5AI&list=PLGaFdhjflxmlUnl13mD1BwFd4V8Ljqdid&index=4

 

The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland



 



When I was walking down Orchard Street in New York City.

Before they opened up like they do now...

I think it was about 2001〜

 

There was a tailor shop run by a Korean guy, a small café, and other things like that...

The rent was cheap and there were several avant-garde fashion stores.

 

I used to hang around the store of "WK Double K", which I liked.

I'd hang around until the shop opened.





The streets of New York City in that era ...

The streets were taken over by WK.

 

I entered a women's clothing store on a whim.

The store was so aggressive that I almost laughed.

 

There was a customer wearing a knee-length skirt with an arabesque pattern.

I looked into her face and thought, "This is the kind of people that like this store." 

The woman was Bjork.

 

 


The moment I saw her and recognized her as "Bjork."

I started to secrete a strange sweat along with goosebumps.

 

My head turned white and the narrow storefront became as wide as an elementary school yard.

As my sweat-soaked t-shirt cooled from the corners, more warm sweat followed.

The dizzying excitement gets lost in my head like a quiz with no answers.

I was clunking with a strange feeling similar to a slimy stomach ache and glamorous excitement.

 

Was it a few minutes or a dozen?

I don't know, but I came to myself and walked out of the store. 

I couldn't decide if I should stay or not.

so I walked out of the store.


Even as I walked into the fresh, unchanged, mundane, colorless landscape

The background music in my excited head did not stop playing, 

and I didn't know what to do to make it stop.

I took a notebook and pen out of my backpack and started drawing.

I kept drawing, wanting to establish the mental narrative that was happening.

 

How much time may or may not have passed since then?


Bjork came out of the store, got into the stretch limo she had stopped and disappeared.

It was 20 years ago, but the excitement was too great to leave my mind.


Ahhh.

I'm glad I can remember about WK and Bjork so vividly.

 

By the way, I was so excited to see WK again after this. (lol).

I guess Banksy's art will be appreciated after a decade or so...


 



___________________________

 

↓↓↓I'm dancing again(lol)↓↓↓

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCyE2rubIn8



流行りのHABITダンス!#shortsリンクwww.youtube.com

 

__________________________

 

Hajimete No Otsukai (Old Enough)



「はじめてのおつかい」ネトフリ版が世界旋風…「恐怖覚える人も」 (読売新聞オンライン)1991年に始まった日本テレビの名物バラエティー番組「はじめてのおつかい」のネットフリックスによる配信が3月末から、世界190以上の国で始まった。子どもを巡る日本独自の発想が、各リンクnews.line.me

 


A big hit in the world?

Because...

A child of that age, walking alone in the streets, only in Japan?

___________________________

 

My friend's "moss art" exhibition in Okayama...





___________________________


Link to Takumi Yamazaki’s 

ENGLISH Book “SHIFT”

https://amzn.to/2DYcFkG