Wednesday, September 18, 2024

The cause of “problems caused by the elderly”

 A friend of a friend made this post and sent me the story. 

↓↓↓

This was a post regarding the birth of "the problems caused by the elderly”.

It made me think. 

↓↓↓

Lately, I've been forgetting things a lot.

Compared to the past, my stamina has declined.

When you start to feel things like this, your self-esteem declines without you even realizing it.


When the number of people you interact with in your daily life decreases,

it becomes harder to gain approval and recognition from those around you.


When this happens, you subconsciously

try to maintain a sense of self-affirmation by talking about your past achievements and

telling those around you about your value and importance.


The amount of dopamine, a hormone that promotes the energy needed to live

decreases with age, but, 

for example, by punishing people who go against the rules

or other easy-to-understand targets, and attacking them, encourages secretion of dopamine. 


Dopamine is a pleasure-inducing substance that is addictive

so attacking others becomes an addiction.


This is the cause of the 'problems caused by the elderly'.


This is why the elderly are always bragging.

This is also why they are aggressive towards others.

↓↓↓  


After reading this, I thought


1) I need to think of ways to improve my memory.

2) I need to develop habits that improve my physical strength.

3) I need to meet lots of people.

4) I need to set myself achievable and exciting goals.


In response to this, what have I been doing?


1) Supplements to improve my memory?

! I need to activate my curiosity!


2) I need to improve my physical strength.

Especially to maintain my posture.

My friend says I need a personal trainer!


3) By meeting lots of people,

I want to build up my neo-self-esteem.


4) It's feasible and exciting.

I've realized that I have goals.

But they're too high. I'm too attached to them.


 

"Was your goal too high?"


I discovered this. 

I have to take the time to do this.

I'm going to adjust it down to a level that excites me. 


 

 

"Have a Crazy Dream

The how comes later. 

The GOAL comes first."



Have a crazy dream.

If you work backwards from that dream to achieve it,

you'll end up with a certain minimum this season.


Keep achieving that.


This season, 

the goal I set as the minimum was too high!!!

 


The past and the future

exist only in our memories.


The only thing that actually exists is the present.



The type that gets a reward first?

The type that gets a reward later?


I'm the type that

works hard

and puts up with not enjoying the present

and works hard

for the future...

I'm the type that gets a reward later.


 

 

There need be no reason for falling in love. 

 

 

The reasons come afterwards?!

 


Wow!

That looks like fun〜〜


Wow!

That looks interesting〜〜


That looks delicious〜〜


Being able to imagine that picture. 


We should work hard

not for numerical targets

but to be close to the feelings of the people who have expectations.

 

 

"There is no meaning to life"


This phrase was taught to me by Sato Den-chan.


His grandfather was Tada Tōkan.

He was a close associate of the 13th Dalai Lama.


There is no meaning to life.


I think that the teachings of this person became a religion 

because the philosophy was so wonderful.


Philosophers do philosophy, but

if that philosophy doesn't save people, it's just philosophy.


Maybe when that philosophy starts to save people, it becomes a religion.


At any rate, I like that the goal is “fun”!

 

___________________________

 

 

With my son in New York

 

 

The view of Queens

 

Juni-san, thank you for yesterday!


 

We started selling soft serve at 

taku parlor too!

 

 

 

I went to takumen and Hisa from 

takusando was there too

 


I had dinner with MAKI-san and ARI-san(Ari Matsumura)!!!

 

 

Nice chocolates!

Thank you!

 

Buddies having some ramen

 

 

Immochan's son too

 

 

 

The two of them went to the new bar in Glassen!!


 

 

Today they're delivering the furniture in NY?!

 

 

___________________________

 

↓↓↓

 

This T-shirt, I'm wearing this time! 

 


It's something I'm proud of, 

I'd love for you to have it~~~


It's only available until the 21st!

So if you want it, please get it!


↓↓↓

takumania

___________________________



Link to Takumi Yamazaki’s 

ENGLISH Book “SHIFT”

https://amzn.to/2DYcFkG