Check out Takumi’s NEW English youtube channel 🎵
↓↓↓
https://www.youtube.com/@takuway
The results of my third PMAS test are in.
Wow!!!
So glad I made a point of eating my fiber (lol)
I asked Gemini about it...
↓↓↓
According to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare's "Dietary Reference Intakes for Japanese (2025 Edition)," the daily target intake of dietary fiber for adults is as follows.
Daily target intake (by age and sex)
Men
Ages 18–29: 20g or more
Ages 30–64: 22g or more
Ages 65–74: 21g or more
Ages 75 and over: 20g or more
Women
Ages 18–74: 18g or more
Ages 75 and over: 17g or more
Points to keep in mind
Most people today don't get enough
Because the actual average intake among Japanese people tends to fall below these targets, it's said that consciously aiming for about 3–4g more is just right.
Easy ways to increase it
Switching your staple to brown rice, multigrain rice or whole-wheat bread, and adding one extra dish of seaweed, mushrooms, vegetables or beans to every meal makes it easier to reach the target without strain.
Why not try adding just one more small side dish of vegetables or seaweed to your daily meals?
Most people today don't get enough
So true, so true.
Every time you eat, take a photo and ask AI, "How many grams of fiber is this?!"
You'll see just how far away 20 grams really is!
So,
so,
so,
how can you get more than 20 grams of fiber?!
_______________________________
Yaaaay!
Easy ways to increase it
How do you increase it?!
I've become a "Balanced Type"!
91 points?!
So 78 points can turn into 91!!
The first time I was a "3" (I took the Korean version)
The second time, a "1"
And the third time, a "6"!
So it really is having an effect.
During the shoot, I was...
in a place like this!
Yesterday I did some acting, too!
Your father, too, had a father and a mother.
And the same goes for your mother.
They, too, were once boys,
and once girls.
And your grandfather, too, had a father and a mother...
Go back 10 generations and...
10 generations back: 1,024 people
20 generations back: about 1,045,000 people (1,048,576)
30 generations back: about 1,073,000,000 people (1,073,741,824)
I have a friend called Dokkie.
It was his birthday the other day. (lol)
He's the 7th-generation descendant of Kogoro Katsura.
The Meiji Restoration's return of power to the Emperor was 150 years ago.
So 10 generations back is the Edo period.
Your blood connects all the way back to the Edo period.
20 generations back: a million people!
30 generations back: a billion people!
Wow!
A thousand people, divided into first, second and third years, comes to 333 per grade.
A mammoth school with about 11 classes per grade. (lol)
Among them there's a genius kid, and a notorious troublemaker, too.
The memories of all those lives are sleeping inside your body.
You were born having received the DNA of every one of them!
_______________________________
When you only look at the individual, there are things you lose sight of.
How to make time to widen the outline of "me"
As we go about our daily lives, our attention inevitably tends to fixate on whatever is right in front of us.
"What do I want to do right now?"
"How can I live more like myself?"
Turning the arrow inward and listening to the voice of your heart is a very important process in steering your life.
But when you pause for a moment, aren't there times when staring only at the small frame of "the individual" actually makes you lose sight of something precious?
Step a little away from the perspective of just yourself, and try widening your view.
This time, I'd like to share some concrete perspectives and exercises for doing just that.
1. Remember your roots: "Where did I come from?"
When we reexamine where we stand, we tend to think only in terms of "who I am now." But the person I am today was not made by my own strength alone.
[Example: Remembering a grandmother's words]
Say you've hit a wall at work and are feeling down, thinking "maybe I just don't have the talent." Then you suddenly remember something your late grandmother used to say all the time: "Hardship is worth paying for, because it makes your roots stronger." When you notice the "roots" that support you regardless of your own will — history, blood ties, the environment you grew up in — your heart can suddenly feel lighter.
Asking yourself "Where did I come from?" is an essential practice for not losing yourself even in rough seas.
2. Notice the blessings: "What have I received?"
Simply by being alive, we have already received so much. Not just material abundance, but kindness someone gave us, and the social systems built by those who came before us.
[Example: Turning your eyes to the blessings of everyday life]
When you drink your morning cup of coffee, there's the farmer who grew it, the people who transported it, the craftsman who roasted it, and the whole history of developing those skills. When you realize that even the small everyday moments in front of you are built on countless "batons passed from someone," your heart fills with gratitude rather than complaints.
3. Look ahead to the baton: "What will I pass on to the next generation?"
Now let's widen our view even further, into the future. "What can I pass on to the next generation?"
[Example: Passing the baton of skills and wisdom]
At work or in your community, generously share the tricks of the trade and the failure stories you learned the hard way with juniors and the younger generation. Or show children, through your own example, the beauty of nature or the "caring heart for others" that you hold dear. Even without leaving any great achievement, handing a warm baton to someone in front of you is something you can start today.
■ Today's reflection: 3 self-exercises to widen your view
Don't just think about it in your head — get a notebook and pen and try answering the following three questions.
* Q1 (Past): Where did I come from?
* Write down three things: your roots, or people, places or words that have influenced you in your life so far.
* Q2 (Present): What have I received?
* Write down something someone has done for you recently, or things in your ordinary daily life that make you feel "how grateful I am."
* Q3 (Future): What will I pass on to the next generation?
* What do you want to leave for future generations and those who come after you, whether in tangible form or in spirit?
When the personal engine of "What do I want to do?" is joined by the bigger axis of "Where did I come from, what have I received, and what will I pass on?", we are freed from a narrow view and become able to live more deeply and more flexibly.
On your way home today, why not look up at the sky for a moment and reflect on your own "greater flow"?
Of the exercises introduced today, which question resonated with you the most?
Link to Takumi Yamazaki’s ENGLISH Book “SHIFT”
https://amzn.to/2DYcFkG
Translated from Takumi Yamazaki’s original Japanese post: https://ameblo.jp/takumi-yamazaki/entry-12979601143.html









